Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Birthday Onesie

Holy cow! I think I just got my energy back. I feel like sewing all day and I owe it all to my friend Keo who asked me to make her daughter a onesie for her first birthday.

 There it is, such a simple thing to do. She told me people were asking $15 and up for this same thing on Etsy, actually I think this one looks better than the picture she sent me. I couldn't let her spend that much for something so simple, but hey, if other people are selling them why can't I? I've come up with a few idea's on how to spice it up, maybe add some ruffled bloomers, leg warmers as an option. There are so many possibilities and my mind is racing. Since I will no longer be working when baby #2 arrives I'm going to need spending money.
Can you give me some feedback though? Do you prefer the applique stitch around the edges or should I just do a regular stitch outlining the number about 1/4" from the edges on the inside?
We just got back from Myrtle Beach, and it was great. Savannah was a little crankier than normal but there were so many fun things to do and see. She is getting so big isn't she? She still doesn't want to talk, but she is understanding a lot more words.

I'm 18 weeks pregnant now and excited to find out soon whether it's a boy or girl.

1 comment:

  1. I like the stitch you did...and the ruffles and leg warmers are really cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete