Friday, October 23, 2015

Sweetheart dress

Look at the beautiful quilting job the quilter did. She had made a few suggestions when I sent it to her, but I never expected anything this beautiful. The binding is made, I just need a little help with the trimming and learning how to attach it. Will it be done in time for Christmas? I sure hope so.



And as promised, here is the sweetheart dress that I adapted from the romper Savannah wore on her 2nd birthday.






Ok, so here is the deal with this dress. (Why it took me almost all summer) I decided that it makes more sense to sell my patterns than sell the dresses themselves. I just do not have time to make bundles of dresses for my Etsy shop. So as I was making the dress I was trying to write up the pattern to be home stitcher friendly. The way I cut the pattern, I had no choice but to add a partial placket to the back for buttons, but I wanted it to somehow be elastic so The dress could fit different body shapes. I stewed over this for at least a month because I do not want to add the partial placket in the pattern. Back to the drawing board with that one. But I am able to sell this one, so it should be up soon.

Still having problems with pictures on the macbook, I loaded them all on and sent a few from my phone but it took me hours just to get this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment