Monday, August 20, 2012

Clutch bag

I came up with a new pattern for my sister in law's birthday present this year. A clutch bag, with a matching zippered wallet or coupon bag (that's what I use mine for).  The clutch idea was all from scratch, no patterns used on this one.  The zippered pouch idea came from a great book my aunt and uncle got me for Christmas last year called
Fresh Fabric Treats. I used the pattern for that, just made it a lot smaller.


I added an applique letter to the pouch to personalize it. My first time doing applique!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful floral patterned bag. Your sister-in-law would definitely like it! Good job on the idea of customization. Not to mention, the choice of white for the ribbon - you managed to keep the balance of the colors. I'd like to commend your sewing skills, by the way; it's looks like the work of a true expert.

    ReplyDelete