Saturday, August 18, 2012

Owl Invitation

 Savannah's first  birthday invitations are on their way.  I'm so excited for her party, I know she won't remember any of it and it's pointless for me to do a big thing but I'm a crafter, I just can't help myself.  We are not really doing a theme but I loved the owl invitation I saw on Pinterest here: http://veryverdant.blogspot.com/2012/01/owl-birthday-party-invitations.html  and here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/55886143/diy-owl-invitations. Also all the owl cakes.

I created a combination of the 2 invitations I saw. I was so excited to get them out, then I started hearing feedback that they were falling apart in the mail. I was so upset.


I bought a book of scrapbook paper and made a template, cut out all the pieces and glued them together. Then I punched holes in the wings and tied it with a small piece of ribbon.



The wings unfold to reveal a stamped invite on the belly. That part was a little difficult since I had a hard time finding a stamp to fit.


This summer I've been watching my 5 year old niece on Wednesday's. It has definitely been an experience. I'm the youngest child of 6 and never baby sat, so I was clueless what to do with her. I have tried many crafts but they wouldn't last long enough or she would want to do it a completely different way and I don't have many toys at my house.  Every time she is over, she glares through the glass door of my craft room, asking me why she can't have the stuff in there.  I also found out that when she tells me she can paint her own nails, I need to change her clothes, and cover everything in my house.
This week we went to the craft store together to find some things she would like and she picked out a cross stitch owl. It said age 8+ but I've been cross stitching since I was little.  She was SO EXCITED! It's been a little rough because she feels she has to ask me every time she makes a stitch, but I think she will catch on.

2 comments:

  1. My invitation came through perfectly and I thought it was ADORABLE!!! You are so crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My invitation came through perfectly too and now resides on my bulletin board where I can see it often.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete