Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tahoe tote

 I can't believe I forgot to mention that Savannah got her first tooth on July 17. She was so unhappy about it, but it was about time.  She barely ate or drank anything for 3 days, we were starting to get worried. She can be such a drama queen sometimes, but I felt so bad for her. Unfortunately she hasn't gotten any more, so we get to go through this a lot more in the next few months.  I'm happy to announce that she is finally gaining weight and just outgrew 3-6 month clothes.
I got her a really cute pair of shorts on clearance at Baby Gap a while ago and of course had to sew them to make them fit. When I put them on her I realized the outfit made her look like a boy (which we get a lot) I quickly whipped up a cute headband I found on Pinterest: http://www.lovestitched.com/my-tutorial/knotted-jersey-headband-tutorial/
I wanted it to look like the original picture- which is not final result offered in this tutorial- so I widened the strips to 3" I should try it with a pair of old nylons next time.




My mom said it looked like the headbands women used to wear to hold in their pin curls. It wasn't my best effort but it will go better next time.


About a year ago my mom gave me some pretty French fabric and asked me to make her something with it.  A few months ago she also bought a bag pattern called the Tahoe Tote, from Olde City Quilts, and asked me to make it for her.  I bought some pink contrasting fabric to go with what she bought and made the bag. It was really easy! I've been experimenting a lot lately and taking things I love from patterns and using them in others, so I did change some minor things on this bag. One of them being the hard bottom. I like to be able to wash the bags especially white ones, so I make a removable hard bottom insert fitted into a sleeve.












1 comment:

  1. That bag is beautiful!!! You did such a great job! Wish I had your sewing skills. :)

    ReplyDelete