Friday, April 20, 2012

New Baby Quilt

I've made my first quilt. It was so easy and kinda relaxing, it put me in the quilting mood.  No worries though, I am going back to making bags and clothes soon.  I received a lot of hand me down clothes for Savannah when she was first born and I have to admit, some of them should have been made into dust rags a long time ago. Not trying to be mean, I'm very appreciative, but some stains just don't come out.  So instead of wasting the nice gifts I was given, I made them into a quilt. I cut out 30, 5" x 5" squares from the onesies, sewed them all together, put batting underneath, and I got a large piece of jersey fabric from JoAnn's and hand stitched it to the front. The backing fabric has kitties on it, Savannah's favorite. She can't get enough of the two cats we have at home, she wishes they felt the same.  This is the quilt we are going to use for the dirtier areas, like outdoors and the kitchen floor.




Look who's finally sitting up.  It took about 7 months but we are finally there.  We went to the doctor for another weight check this week and the doctor was not very happy to see that she still wasn't sitting up on her own. We worked on it for one day and now she's a little pro.





Unfortunately we got some bad news from the pediatrician, not only is Savannah still under weight at 14.11 lbs, she possibly has hip dysplasia or un-even hips. The folds on the back of her legs are uneven and the doctor is concerned, so we have to get Savannah an x-ray of her hips next week. I'm really praying that nothing is wrong, but if there is, we are lucky this problem was caught before it is too late.  If this problem goes untreated it can lead to uneven leg length and a severe limp.

No comments:

Post a Comment