Thursday, April 19, 2012

wedding pillow cases

We have been so lucky to have a mild winter and warm spring here in NJ. I've been grilling for months now and I was craving my favorite summer salad. I can't take credit for this recipe because it wasn't mine originally. I got it from a woman I work with.
Recipe for Strawberry Summer Salad:
1/2 bag baby spinach
1/2 head romaine hearts
1/2 quart strawberries
as much feta cheese as you want
1 handfull wasabi peas
Brianna's blush wine vinaigrette (i've only found this in Shop Rite)

My friend Kelly had her work bridal shower and I can now finally show something i've made recently. I made her and her hubby to be, pillowcases with a french theme. The pattern is so easy, it only takes me about and hour to make one pillow case.
 
I brought deviled eggs to the party since that is one of my favorite treats to eat on my low carb days. Everyone always goes crazy over them when I make them so I will post the recipe. All of the ingredients are by taste but I can at least tell people what is in them.
Deviled Eggs:
1 dozen eggs, hard boiled
aprox 3/4 c mayo
aprox 2 Tbls yellow mustard
aprox 1 Tbls spicy brown mustard
occasionally I will add about a teaspoon more of another spicy mustard, like Boars Head deli
salt and pepper to taste
Cut all the eggs in half and take out the yolk, put the yolks into a bowl and with a fork or whisk, chop it up into a powder. Add all of the ingredients and mix together. Put yolk mixture into a pastry bag with a cupcake frosting tip and fill the inside of the eggs. I don't like paprika so I usually don't put it on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment