Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hooked on a Feelin'

I can't believe how productive i've been. I thought it would only last until I had my baby but it seems to be hangin' on. I finished my friends wedding shower gift, wrapped it and everything. The shower is coming up in a little while, so i will post photo's after. I have everything but the board done on the diaper bag and that shower isn't even until the first week of May. And the outdoor quilt i'm making for Savannah is also almost finished, all I have left is handsewing the backing on. I hope this lasts because I have a huge list of things to make and 3 tupperware boxes full of fabric to show for it. I'm starting to look like a fabric hoarder.
I sang that song (Hooked on a feelin') to Savannah last night. I love singing to her and most of the time it makes her smile, but I try to keep it to oldies. When we listen to Pandora together I keep my shuffle to music between 50's and 80's. Honestly I can't stand this new stuff. I don't know if it's because i'm getting old or what, but my mom (who is getting to know more pop music lately thanks to Jazzercise) asked me who Nicki Minaj was the other day, and I couldn't even describe it, I just said a terrible singer and a strange person. My mom and I also have a hatred towards Katy Perry.
May, 30th will be Jake's and my 3rd anniversary and I still haven't printed out any of our pictures. I'm working on it though. Last night I spent most of my evening going through the pictures and adding them to my flash drive. Even though it was only 3 years ago, things have changed so much. My neices have grown so much, Emily was just a bump in her mommy's tummy.
Jake and I have gotten old and our lives have changed so much.
This is my crazy family. 3 brothers, 2 sisters, their spouses and kids. Missy was pregnant with Emily and Melissa never even knew Stella was a twinkle yet.
This is the picture that brought back the most emotion. This is my dad and quirky uncle. I haven't seen him or my aunt and cousins since then and it makes me sad. (They are holding pinecones, not cigars.)
Excuse the random post, but I had a lot on my mind today.
Happy Easter everyone! He has risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment