Saturday, February 23, 2013

Baby Shower

Jake's cousin had a baby shower today. This has been a difficult one since I read the invite wrong and thought the shower was Feb 2. I was pushing my sis in law to get together with me to make a gift, then I came home all frustrated only to realize I read the date wrong.

Well it turns out because of my mistake I had to make the gift myself. I decided on Sushi baby shower gift, I didn't get my own picture because I am VERY forgetful lately and total procrastinator.

Since the baby is a boy i used colored socks for the inside, wrapped them in the onesie as shown in the tutorial and wrapped each sushi roll in large black ribbon (I used a lot of tape). I wasn't able to find a cute little fish so I used a shark washing sponge and folded up white washcloths to put underneath as rice beds. I used a green washcloth rolled up like a flower for the wasabi.

I don't eat sushi or Chinese food really so stupid me thought they were from the same country. I had the cutest idea to put them in Chinese food take-out boxes and put it in a take-out bag with chop-stix. Jake informed me that this was incorrect, so yesterday I went to visit my sister and got a plate to put it on. I filled the bottom of a dollar store plastic basket with diapers, covered them with a cute hooded towel, added the plate of sushi, baby spoons and bowls and added a small package of wipes, all to make it look like a sushi picnic. I really wish I would have taken a picture because it turned out great.

Savannah has had a cold since Tuesday and decided to stop eating and drinking since then. She seems to be feeling a little better today because she started walking a lot more today. She walked  between Jake and I a bunch of times to give us kisses. Needless to say I now have her cold and of course Jake wont get it. I am never able to avoid getting whatever she has.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you did take a photo of your shower sushi gift - maybe next time.
    Savannah is just getting her colds etc out of the way. By the time she gets to kindergarten she will have a heck of an immune system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxanne, I hope that means I will have an awesome immune system too since I get sick every time she does.

    ReplyDelete