Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fish Taco's


 
I promised my Facebook people I would post my recipe for fish Taco's. This is the amazing dinner I made the other night that Jake missed. If you like fish I suggest you try this recipe I think it's the best think I've ever made.
 
This recipe originated from an episode of Diner Drive In's and Dives, of course they don't give you the recipe from the show so I figured it out on my own.
 
Start by making fresh tortillas (just do it, it doesn't take that long) Put them aside but don't let them dry out.
Next make the sauce (shown below)
3/4 c. sour cream (I used reduced fat, still good)
1 c. mayo
juice of 1 lime or about a Tablespoon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. Chile Arbol powder (found in Ethnic food aisle) this is the hot one, you could get Chile Molido if you want mild.
1 tsp. Mexican oregano
1/4 tsp. dill
1 tsp. capers
1 tsp. cumin
Add all ingredients to food processor or blender. Set aside



This is beer battered fish. I made it without beer batter last time and it really did make a difference. Our favorite fish is Swai but you can use any mild white fish.

1 large piece of white fish about 1/2-1 lb. The picture below was one piece.
Beer batter:
1 c. beer
2 c. flour divided
1 Tbls. corn starch
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Mix beer, 1 c. flour, corn starch, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
Put additional  cup flour on plate
Pat fish dry, dip into batter then into flour.

I used a fry baby so fry as you would normally until golden brown about 5-8 mins.


 
 
Place about 2 pieces of fish into a tortilla, top with Salsa Verde, white sauce (made earlier), and thinly sliced cold cabbage. Enjoy!

 

Ingredients:
8 flour tortillas
1/2-1 lb white fish
oil for frying
beer
cornstarch
salt
pepper
garlic powder
flour
sour cream
mayonnaise
lime juice
Chile powder
Mexican oregano
dill
capers
cumin
cabbage
salsa Verde

I know it seems like a lot but this is all stuff I keep stocked in my kitchen anyway. This doesn't take very long to make, unless you have a crying teething child in the background.

I've been super productive lately so I have a baby food post, and some more sewing projects coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment