Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Diet day 1

So, for the past 3 weeks I have been cutting back the sugar in my diet to less than 25g per day plus absolutely no high fructose corn syrup. I haven't been keeping good track of my weight but I probably lost about 5 pounds so far and I just feel so much better, which is what really counts. If you try this diet I can assure you, you will be surprised at how much food has sugar and how much sugar is in foods that you thought were healthy. Let's take yogurt for example. The container says low fat or fat free and everyone uses yogurt as a diet food. Well 1 yogurt has average 23g of sugar, the ones that use Splenda such as Dannon light and fit have 11-13g. Cross that off my list. Since I started, I no longer crave desert after every meal, I actually hardly ever eat desert and it doesn't bother me, and I don't have the urge to eat all the goodies that people bring into work. My brother Jesse lost about 80 lbs doing this diet.
To try to get the weight off a little bit more I am going to be cutting out carbs 2 days a week. My sister did the 17 day diet and she looks amazing after just a few weeks. I can't follow the 17 day diet because of the sugar and because I just don't have that much willpower yet but maybe in the near future. Today is day one of my 2 days without carbs. So far i've only done breakfast but that was one of the hardest, I had scrambled eggs. Lunch I am planning edemame and cranberry chicken salad with just a few craisins because they also have a ton of sugar. Dinner has not been decided yet but it's supposed to be around 70 degrees today, so I will probably grill chicken kebobs with fresh veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment