Thursday, May 10, 2012

Budget friendly

I had such a busy day today, I feel so productive. I walked my niece Lauren to school today which was about 1/2 mile each way.  She decided that she wanted to run the whole way there, so I got to push the stroller, carry the diaper bag and her backpack, and walk as fast as I could being out of shape and in flip-flops.  I did say I wanted to start getting exercise again.  When I got home Savannah went down for her nap and I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen.
Later, we went to Kohl's to return some rugs I bought that were too small, and wal-mart to get some necessities.  When I got home it was time to work on some projects i've been meaning to get to for a while.
The first project was to make another dry erase board.  Jake and I received our first one from Jake's sister Becca for Christmas.  Instead of putting a picture in a frame, you put a piece of paper in it.  She wrote on the paper inside saying: I love you because.  And Jake and I take turns filling in the blank.  I decided to make my own as a checklist.  So, I made a checklist on the computer, printed it and put it in the frame. That one became our to do list.  Caution, these boards become very addicting.  I made another checklist for our monthly bills, because I kept forgetting which I have and haven't paid and Jake kept getting on my case about it.  I had Lauren make one for her mommy's birthday.  And today I decided to make another one. I bought an 8 x 10 frame from Wal-mart for $3, put in a piece of scrapbook paper, and made this one my weekly to do list (I might be turning it into a weekly menu) I admit I stole this idea from Becca, she has a similar one in her house.



While at Wal-Mart, I got the ingredients to make my own dishwashing detergent.  Do to budget cuts I have been buying the Great Value brand and it has been making my dishes stinky.  I found this recipe on Pinterest here: http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2011/01/dishwasher-detergent.html?m=1. I have a ton of it and it was really cheap. I'm thinking of making my own liquid handsoap and detergent from recipes I found on Pinterest. I'll keep you updated to tell you how well it works.


Since my dad had an emergency eye doctor appointment on Wednesday, I had to watch my other niece Emily.  She was a little bored at my house since I only have baby toys, but she kept herself occupied by dragging the baby tub into the living room and asking me if I could put in the bath toys and Savannah. Such a cute idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment