Thursday, May 17, 2012

What happening at the Holcombe house

Last week Savannah said mama for the first time. It immediatly turned into nana, lala, baba and now  it's back to dada.  She has been having a pretty good week, starting to like toys a lot more and doesn't want to sit, she just straightens her legs so I can't make her sit down. Although, she is holding on to things standing on her own.  When I do get her to sit, she has started to try and figure out how to get out of that position, no success yet but she ended up in the split position a few times. I made homemade oatmeal for her from a recipe I found online. I got it chopped very fine in the baby blender but when I cooked it, it became chunky and she did not like that. Here's the recipe I used.
Baby oatmeal:
1/4 c. Old Fashioned Oats
1 c. water
 Bring water to boil, add oatmeal powder while stirring constantly. Simmer for 10 mins whisking constantly. (That's the part I slacked on)

Update on the homemade dishwasher detergent. I used 1 Tbls. the first time and my dishes were still somewhat stinky, the second time I filled the soap container and the dishes were very clean and not stinky. The recipe said to use LemiShine but it was very expensive so I read that I could use vinegar in the rinse compartment. I think my rinse compartment is broken because I filled it up and none of it is gone. I need to do a little research on my dishwasher.

I gave my sister in law a haircut yesterday, and I was very happy with it at the end. We are going to a wedding this weekend to maybe I can get a picture then.

And Lastly, I am in the process of making my own design for a baby swim cover-up. I am very happy with it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment