Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To grandmothers' house we go

My grandma just moved to NJ from CT this weekend.  I'm so happy that I get to see her more often now.  We went to visit her on Sunday and take her out to dinner, but Savannah refused to take a nap since right after church, leading us to learn something new.  How to get her to take a nap at someone else's house. I laid her on her tummy, rubbed her back, held her close, nothing worked. Finally, I threw a blanket over her whole body, leaving and air hole of course, and she finally slept very soundly for 45 minutes, allowing us to go to a quick dinner and do a little shopping. She got to try french fries and ground beef for the first time thanks to her daddy. She also got to sit in a shopping cart and high chair by herself, that didn't go so well.
We found some really cute stuff when we went shopping at Home Goods. My grandma has a really nice deck at her apartment, but it had some water pooling on it from the rain, so we bought her a really pretty rubber mat for a housewarming gift.  She found a really cool book for Savannah that makes lots of cool sounds and we found a tambourine with owls on it for Savannah, she loves it.


This picture is from the first time Savannah got to visit my grandmother in CT. She had just turned 5 months that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment