Monday, May 21, 2012

This weekend

Our weekend was crazy. We had to work on Saturday, and I got stuck with the slow doctor so I was there until 1:30 and he still had a patient in the back. I had to leave to get ready for Jake's cousin Erica's wedding, which was an hour away and started a 6 pm. Never having gone to an evening wedding before, I had to go find a dress earlier in the week which was very stressful, especially since nobody could come with me. I ended up sending picture messages to my sister and Jake asking for advice. To go off on a little tangent now: I have to tell the world that the handicapped dressing rooms are larger for a reason, they are not for single healthy people who are shopping with friends and family, honestly they are for handicapped people (I was told this in kindergarten and never forgot), so no I should not be saying this but they are also really convenient for women with strollers and children when handicapped people are not using them. Strollers DO NOT FIT in regular dressing rooms and I do not enjoy taking all of my belongings off of the stroller including the baby and having to leave it in the hallway so that I can try on clothes, because some skinny little thing wants to play dress up with her friends.
Savannah ended up taking a nap when I bought her home from my sister in law's house, so that allowed me some extra time to get ready. What do I decide to do? wash the car! I'm a crazy person I know. My hands and feet were filthy, causing my to have to take another shower and of course Jake cannot put on a suit by himself, even though I laid everything out for him, then he rushes me out the door so that I forget the gift and leave the front door wide open. When will he realize that if you rush me it will cause me to forget stuff and we will have to turn around and drive back 2 times.
The wedding was beautiful, but we told my sis in law and bro that we would pick baby girl up around 10. Dinner wasn't even served until 9:30 so we didn't get home until 10:45.
Then we had to wake up at 5:30 the next morning to drive down to Maryland for my nieces dedication. Savannah was so good the whole ride up until my brother(who has a bladder the size of a pea) has to stop after 1 hour to use the bathroom, causing Savannah to wake up. She did not take a nap again until after church and it was very short. The whole ride back, we were stuck in traffic and Savannah was too tired and angry to sleep in her carrier in the car so she cried the whole way home. After finally getting home at 3 pm, I still had to mow the lawn(yes I do it for the exercise, even when I was pregnant) do the laundry, clean the house and make dinner.
No wonder I had to leave work early today because I had a migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment